Thursday, April 19, 2018

Look At All My Beautiful Food

I think healthy food is gorgeous.
Ready to cook
I worked with some great colors today.

I had all those organic veggies that I need to cook (see Interesting Tidbit #2). I've used broccoli, cauliflower, red peppers, onions, garlic, ginger, shiitake mushrooms, and dried woodear mushrooms. 

I used the process from this recipe, that I've posted about before: Vegan JaJangMyeong (but not vegan, since I used ordinary oyster sauce.) I replaced the veg in the recipe with stuff I had on hand, and added woodear mushrooms. 

Before cooking
This dish is killer when it comes to the anti-cancer veg. Broccoli and cauliflower both cruciforms, and red pepper fills the bill for serving colorful veg, which I've heard is a guideline for covering your nutritional bases. Ginger and garlic all great; and lots of shiitake mushrooms.

I even added in the red pepper seeds, which I read somewhere have some kind of anti-cancer phytochemical. Don't ask me what. I eject those details from my head and just keep the information that's useful.

It was fun to get creative with what I have on hand.
All done


More pretty food -- berries and mango, with vanilla and maple syrup
flavored whipped cream.
New batch of granola. Same basic recipe as last time; added a bit more maple syrup this time,
and didn't add the dried fruit until after it baked. 



No comments:

Post a Comment