Sunday, March 25, 2018

Every Day

It's every day, no lie. Every day I monitor his food. Every day I make sure there are choices that he likes.

We both work from home. Every day I climb the stairs to his office with his Golden Milk, which he calls Golden Showers (don't say a word.) Or his morning berries. Or his afternoon nuts and dried fruit.

Clump clump clump I go, and watch his face fall as his first reaction to my carrying something healthy to him. As our friend Justin tells him, "Giving you this food is an act of love on her part. You taking it is an act of love on your part."

By the time I reach his desk, he has adjusted his face, and says something like, "Oh goodie, yummy golden showers."

"Oh shut up," says I and go back downstairs to think about what he will eat next.

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment