Sunday, May 27, 2018

Lentil Crackers

Seems these days my experiments mostly fail. I made a white bean dip the other day that Lindy kind of hated. And yesterday I made a cauliflower korma but a. it had too much broth and b. the recipe said to put the yogurt in to boil so of course it split immediately. The flavor was good but it wasn't a wonderful dish.


So today I made Spinach Dip and it was terrific. I added a big dollop of sour cream to the recipe and used regular yogurt because I didn't have Greek.

I've been wanting to make crackers for awhile but didn't have all the ingredients for the multigrain cracker recipes I found so I came across this incredibly easy recipe for lentil crackers. I ground up the lentils in the coffee grinder in stages, and it worked really well! Roll it out between parchment paper and use a thin spatula to lift squares off the parchment into the pan.

This was a great find because legumes are apparently a huge anti-cancer food. ("Phytates for the Prevention of Cancer")






I used canola instead of coconut oil to fry the crackers because I just read something today ("What About Coconuts, Coconut Milk, & Coconut Oil MCTs?") about how despite the claims being made by coconut oil producers, it has the same affect on the body as animal fat.

Both of those articles are from NutritionFacts. This is my new favorite site. I've read most of How Not to Die by Dr. Michael Greger, the brain behind NutritionFacts. Take a look at the huge library of videos. I like this guy because it's his business to rake over the studies that I can't understand, and compile information and translate them into understandable language for people like me!

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment